Bikram Yoga Retreat in Galle, Sri Lanka – August 2016
Sat, 27th August – Sat, 3rd September 2016
This August, come along and join us at a retreat of a lifetime in beautiful Sri Lanka with Rowena Jayne.
Set in Southern Sri Lanka close to the historical UNESCO world heritage Fort Galle town and its stunning beaches, our retreat will boast daily Bikram Yoga classes led by renowned “‘Real Food Yog” Rowena Jayne in a heated room with mirrors, workshops, stunning accommodation, day tours to amazing Sri Lankan Temples, visit of turtle farms, swimming in the beautiful ocean and all of this combined with delicious daily prepared meals by our private chef and much more…
We have two accommodation options available for this retreat week, one at the stunning Niyagama Retreat Center and one right at the beach. The details for the accommodation options are listed below.
All yoga classes in the heated room will be held at the Niyagama retreat center as well as the communal meals.
The beach hotel is a short 15-25 min. drive from there and we will provide a complimentary daily shuttle service to all guests staying at the beach hotel to join for yoga classes, meals etc. Guests staying at the Beach Hotel are also invited to use the pool and spa services (towels included) and restaurant at the retreat center.
Niyagama Retreat House
At the Niyagama House you experience a perfect blend of Eastern hospitality and Western comforts, full of tranquillity and relaxation.
Pure relaxation in a small Sri Lankan tea plantation surrounded by tropical forests. It is situated on the highest point of an active tea plantation, was completed in 2012 and is an absolute architectural highlight.
The seven generous rooms are equipped with high quality furniture and luxurious bathrooms. From every room you have a wonderful view into nature. There is an on-site spa, restaurant, swimming pool and yoga room.
This peaceful location makes it a perfect place for a relaxing holiday.
It is located nine kilometres inland from the coastal city of Galle and the historic, charming Galle Fort and in 15-30 min. you will reach the magical Indian ocean.
All rooms feature private terrace / balcony, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, mosquito nets, safe, mini fridge and private bathrooms with amenities and hair dryer.
Single (king size bed) accommodation: US$ 2300 per person
Double (shared accommodation) king size bed or 2 separate queen beds for couples or 2 guests sharing: US$ 1850 per person
The Beach Hotel
Set at beautiful Unawatuna Beach (15-25 min. scenic drive away from the Retreat Center) this beautiful 4 star hotel offers direct uninterrupted beach access (no streets or walkways in between).
There is a restaurant right on site and the hotel also rents bicycles to explore the area. Laundry service is available upon request.
All rooms feature private balcony with ocean views, air-conditioning, tv, mini bar, desk, fan, 4 poster king size bed or single and queen bed when sharing, private bathroom with shower and amenities.
Prices Beach Hotel:
Single accommodation (king size bed): US$ 2000 per person
Double (shared accommodation) king size bed or 2 separate queen beds for couples or 2 guests sharing: US$ 1650 per person
Example of a day at the Retreat:
All activities and meals are optional to attend, there is no must-do for anyone! Come and enjoy your holiday as you wish!
|7.30am – 8.00am||Morning meditation|
|8.00am – 8.30am||Selection of coffee, tea, fruits and fresh juices|
|9.00am – 10.30am||Morning Bikram Yoga Class|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Brunch Buffet|
|12.00pm- 4-00pm||Free time, relax by the pool or beach, enjoy a traditional massage or simply relax|
|4.00pm – 5.00pm||Workshop (various topics: backbending, posture clinics, stretching postures for yogis)|
|5.00pm – 6.30pm||Afternoon Bikram Yoga Class|
|7.00pm – 8.00pm||Dinner*|
|from 8.00pm||Free time|
*On the evenings when dinner is not included we will offer you a choice of fantastic restaurants to join us. Prices range from 10 – 20 USD for meals, feel free to join or explore dinner yourself.
What’s included for each guest:
- 7 nights accommodation of your choice (see above)
- 7 * daily morning fresh fruits and selection of teas, coffees, fresh smoothies (before the morning yoga class)
- 7 * daily brunch including fresh salads, soups, egg dishes, vegetarian curries, breads, jams and more (after the morning yoga class)
- unlimited daily hot water, herbal water, ginger tea
- 3 * Dinner including vegetarian, seafood and chicken options
- 2 daily Bikram Yoga classes plus one posture clinic and workshop
- 2 * morning meditation class
- 1 fresh coconut daily
- approx. 4 hour excursion in a traditional tuk tuk to traditional temples, turtle farm and the beach
- 1 * Aerial Yoga class try this amazing experience
- all towels (for pool and yoga room), yoga mats
- 10% discount on all spa treatments at Niyagama Retreat Center
- return airport transfers from Colombo international airport (approx. 2 hours driving time one way) on the day of the retreat start date and end date
- daily shuttle service to Niyagama House for guests choosing the beach hotel accommodation option
- International/national flights to Colombo International Airport (which is around a 1.5 hour to 2 hour drive away from the retreat location) are not included in the price
- should you book shared accommodation we will pair you with another guest of the same gender and age range (unless you bring a friend/partner/relative of course – just let us know)
- Check-in on the first day of the retreat is from 12pm and check-out on the final day by 12pm. The hotel will do its best to accommodate earlier arrivals/late departures where possible. Should your room not be ready yet you can always leave your luggage at the hotel and relax by the pool or the beach.
- Travel insurance is not included but we highly recommend you get it
- An initial USD $1000 deposit is required to secure your place at our retreat
- The remaining amount is due no later than 60 days prior to the retreat start date
- Payments can be made via PayPal or direct deposit into our US bank account
- Any cancellation will require an administrative fee of US$150
- Up to 120 days prior to the retreat start date – the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 70 days prior to the retreat start date – 50% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 45 days prior to the retreat start date – 25% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- After 45 days prior to the retreat start date – no refund applies
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of the cancellation
Are you ready to…
For any additional questions please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org